Monday 18 October 2010

Mobile Phone Vs. The Bible..?

Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we travelled?
What if we used it in case of emergency?

Oh, and one more thing … unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected, because Jesus already paid the bill.



I heard this read out at church on Sunday, what a challenge to those of us who claim only to live by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross, which is revealed to us predominantly through the bible God's very words.. I treat my blackberry as though I couldn't live without it, I would certainly turn back if I forgot it. Yet could I really say that I love the word of God as much as all that? And Jesus says 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God'. Am I living my life fully based on God's word or am I in myself quick to compromise my commitment to do everything for the glory of God alone. What does it mean to give Glory to God in every area of my life? I could have a good go at answering this question now, but more than I have done in a while I'm looking forward to learning more about how to apply God's words into my life at our new found Sunday night student bible study group.

No comments: