Friday 5 December 2008

Pharmacy ball, and photos from home.





Mum and Dad at Swatlands Indian restaurant, Glenfield 28/11




Me and Alex


First of all some photos of my weekend at home 28th/29th November...
After an emotional reunion at The Castle (below), the 'Bro's and Hoes' took an incredibly excitable taxi trip into Leicester's classiest hang-outs. (aka. Soarpoint & Fanclub.)

















I feel like a bit of a loser tonight, as for the first time in a while, I'm in, alone, in my flat, just hanging. Me, myself, I and my computer. Of course there is a little bit of unurgent work to be done, but not tonight- oh no! no Pharmacy for me.






Last night was the Pharmacy ball, which was great fun, with much merriment, lovely dresses, dancing and 'free' wine. Everyone looked lovely, and of course, there photographs were taken in abundance! We were served a very nice three course Christmas dinner at the Ramada Jarvis hotel. The festivities followed a physical biochemistry coursetest, containing all sorts of nasties reminicsent of A levels, including kinetics and half life. Around me then, there seemed to be lots of drowning of sorrows. Having realised they've never seen me drunk, the pharm girls tried to use wine as a weapon against me, but thankfully, I was too wise, and remained all round pretty dignified.

Today, I woke up late and hung around the flat until it was time for pharmacology, followed after a brief fish finger filled interlude, by a biology fest. I learnt about myoglobin (which stores oxygen in muscles i think) amongst other things..its such a clever little thing! I made a cool thing out of sausages for dinner, and had a few cups of tea. After all of this, and finding that I'm actually, for the first time I can remember, alone with nothing to do for at least the next 24 hours (apart from maths revision of course).


So for now, i'll say goodnight, whilst thinking about giving out free copies of Mark's gospel, and the best way to transform my green dress into a christmas tree costume amongst other things, as my brain has pretty much been turned to mush due to the first 11 weeks of life as a pharmacy student! I can't believe we're entering into the last week of term! Where is my life going!


Lots of love

A few photos following from the Pharmacy Ball!














No comments: